- We work with people of all ages, providing flexible and personalised support
- Our coordinators offer short-term support, which can be in your home, by telephone, a local venue or a mixture of all three
- We listen to what’s important, we put your wellbeing at the heart of our conversations
- We have a coordinator in each ward locality across Kirklees – Huddersfield, Rural, Batley/Spen and Dewsbury/Mirfield
- There is no charge for the Community Plus service. However, there maybe a cost to any activity or service you decide to take part in
- Offer one-to-one, short term support to people who would like a more connected, happy, independent and healthier life
- Work with people to connect them to groups, activities and support in local communities
- Work with you to build confidence in what you want to do
- Help connect you to volunteering and employment opportunities
- Reduce isolation and loneliness through connecting you to other people
We actively engage with communities to support the development of new groups and activities by:
- Helping to identify gaps in provision in communities
- Signposting to specialist support
- Providing funding through our Community Plus Fund grant scheme
- Supporting community groups to promote their activities
- Supporting joint working through connecting groups
- Connecting communities and community groups to council services
Fill in this form to introduce yourself or somebody else.
Completing this form takes around 10 minutes.
If you are introducing someone else, you must have the individual’s consent & information as well as a reason for introduction.
After you’ve submitted the form
We will contact you, or the person you have introduced and arrange a meeting with them to discuss how we can work with them.
Contact Community Plus: 01484 225224
She has listened to him and his needs. Made suggestions about services that he may benefit from and followed up by taking him to the ones that he has shown an interest in. His confidence has increased as a result of the co-ordinators input.
You are an angel, I thought everyone had forgotten me, but you are the only person I have talked to today. Thank you for making my day.